Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
06/23/17 at 12:12:32
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Patty at Tipatina's (Read 1938 times)
dougzilla
Peter Pan

I Love Patty
Griffin!

Patty at Tipatina's
10/20/12 at 20:21:30

I saw Patty on Thursday night in New Orleans and Friday night in Baton Rouge. Tipitina's was the best show. She played for over 2 hours. Dressed in a beautiful white dress with dark red boots. Very relaxed and looked like she was having fun. It is a very earthy bar and reminded me of some of the places she played in the first years. She said this was the first time she has played alone in this century. The one song I decided to record was Railroad Wings, a song I had never heard her do live. She said it was about her father. She talked about him alot and I think some of the songs on the new album may be inspired by him. Manship on Friday was a different crowd. Many were theater patrons who had season tickets and I'm not sure they knew who she was. They did have a piano so I got to hear Burgundy Shoes. Sorry about not having a set list. As you might imagine it was a mix of old and new with only a couple of changes on the two nights. I missed out on the tickets for Passim's where I live so I flew down here to see her. Well worth the trip.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
TeamGriffin
Peter Pan

...raised my voice
to the air and we
were blessed

Re: Patty at Tipatina's
Reply #1 - 10/21/12 at 09:28:48

Thanks so much for the writeup Doug. I was wondering if anyone on here had gone to either of the shows yet. I saw pictures from the show at Tipitina's and agree that she looked great. I get to see her this coming Thursday and am so excited. I'm especially happy to hear she played Railroad Wings...I love that song (even if I thought she was singing "vera wang" the first few times I heard it) Smiley

~We're just like anyone else...~
Email View Profile peacefulleaves   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Recent Posts    
Preferences
Turk Rogers by murph in news
01/13/17 at 10:35:00