Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
12/15/17 at 10:05:44
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newport Folk Festival 2012 (Read 4794 times)
murph
Big Daddy

Newport Folk Festival 2012
02/29/12 at 20:26:21

Email View Profile   IP Logged
TeamGriffin
Peter Pan

...raised my voice
to the air and we
were blessed

Re: Newport Folk Festival 2012
Reply #1 - 02/29/12 at 21:43:51

Oh to live in Rhode Island...

Thanks for the head's up though, Murph  Wink

~We're just like anyone else...~
Email View Profile peacefulleaves   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #2 - 07/26/12 at 22:59:30

Folk alley.com and NPR will be broadcasting from Newport this weekend. It may be a good way to catch some of PG's new album

murph
Big Daddy

Reply #3 - 07/27/12 at 15:10:27

sorry she didn't make the broadcast schedule

TeamGriffin
Peter Pan

...raised my voice
to the air and we
were blessed

Reply #4 - 07/28/12 at 14:04:16

That really stinks. I hope people get good pictures and video at least.

~We're just like anyone else...~
Email View Profile peacefulleaves   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #5 - 07/30/12 at 13:07:42

she did mention during her set that she was not married becasue they were saving up to get a really good DJ for the reception.

Arlene
Mother of God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/31/12 at 15:47:25

I don't know if Murph was there- he may have been quoting form Keith's post on pattynet, but anyway, here's a fuller report that I posted there:

Sorry I didn't post sooner. Here's the set list:

01. Forgiveness
02. Flaming Red
03. Please Don't Let Me Die In Florida*
04. Wating For My Child To Come Home
05. Cold As it Gets
06. Heavenly Day
07. You Can Go Where You Wanna Go**
08. No Bad News
09. That Kind of Lonely***
10. Staying On the Ride
11. Making Pies
12. I'm Gonna Miss You When You're Gone****

*a new song I dont' know that she's ever performed before. She wrote it after her father went to visit his brother in Florida and her uncle died while her father was visiting him there. When he came back to Maine, her father told his wife and children, "Don't let me die in Florida."

** she's performed this song at several of the 3 Girls and Their Buddy shows-- it's about her father's death and release from earthly responsibilities

***I had thought she perfomed this song in October at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival but I could be wrong and Newport might be the first time she's performed it live - it's depressing in the best sense of the word

****she's performed this "torch song" with 3 Girls and Their Buddy

I believe that all four of the asterisked songs will appear on the new album; recording of it, The American Kid, has been completed but she's unsure when it will be released. She said that "a couple of guys from the North Mississippi All-Stars" perform as backing musicians on the new album but she indicated that they aren't performing in their usual rock and roll style.  

Patty commented that she hasn't done "this" (performed as the headliner) in "a long while" and went on to say that she she could have raised a kid and sent her through high school" since the last time she performed solo with just a guitar. I was thinking that she may have last performed that way in 1995 or so, which would have been around 17 years ago.... (but I think she was exaggerating).

When someone called out "congratulations" she commented, "Yeah. There are some rumors that have been going around and they aren't true. We are saving up to get a good DJ for the wedding and we're not there yet."  

It was a great show. Along with seeing Alabama Shakes, Patty's set was the highlight of the festival for me-- that, and seeing and talking with Gillian. I don't know anybody who loves her job as much as Gillian. And as always, it was GREAT to spend time with Keith, his son Chris and our friend Adriana.

« Last Edit: 07/31/12 at 16:56:21 by Arlene »  
View Profile   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #7 - 08/01/12 at 10:15:22

Quote from Arlene on 07/31/12 at 15:47:25:
I don't know if Murph was there- he may have been quoting form Keith's post on pattynet,

Patty commented that she hasn't done "this" (performed as the headliner) in "a long while" and went on to say that she she could have raised a kid and sent her through high school" since the last time she performed solo with just a guitar. I was thinking that she may have last performed that way in 1995 or so, which would have been around 17 years ago.... (but I think she was exaggerating).

Sorry, don't read pattynet, I was hiding on a boat

With the exception of some one off's Patty last did a solo acoustic tour in 2000

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

P
r
e
f
e
r
e
n
c