Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/22/18 at 01:48:54
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Patty Shout Out in Entertainmen Weekly (Read 10297 times)
TeamGriffin
Peter Pan

...raised my voice
to the air and we
were blessed

Patty Shout Out in Entertainmen Weekly
05/05/10 at 15:16:12

So...wasn't expecting to see anything on Patty when reading this story, but she just seems to pop out all over the place right now.

~Jessica

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/05/05/chely-wright-comes-out-qa/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: [we are engaged in some pre-interview chit-chat about live performance and big arena spectacle.] On the flip side, I went to go see Patty Griffin a couple nights ago, and…
CHELY WRIGHT: The Patty? Living with Ghosts changed my life, changed how I write songs. It perhaps saved my life. My guitar, my bike, and Patty Griffin. There’s a song I didn’t record for this record called “Love for Patty Griffin.” It’s one of the ones I played when I went to [Lifted producer] Rodney [Crowell]’s house with my broken guitar and my broken self and said, “I think I’m dying,” and played him the songs that came to be Lifted Off the Ground.

How did she save your life?
Because she knew me in her songs. “Sweet Lorraine,” “You Are Not Alone,” “Nobody’s Crying,” “Mary.” I was reaching for God at this time in my life, and when I heard “Mary” and the Living With Ghosts album, I felt like God was whispering in my ear.

She’s been duetting with a lot of male country stars lately. Could she survive a career in mainstream country?
No. I think she’s so good she just doesn’t have to tolerate what the rest of us have to tolerate. Like getting your ass grabbed by a radio guy. Why would Patty Griffin ever walk into a room of drunk radio guys and get her ass grabbed?

~We're just like anyone else...~
Email View Profile peacefulleaves   IP Logged
Hekerui
How do I get Silver Bell?

I really love Patty!

Re: Patty Shout Out in Entertainmen Weekly
Reply #1 - 05/05/10 at 16:35:57

I was amazed too! It's all-Patty at the beginning.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Recent Posts    
Preferences
NPR's Top 150 CD's of all time by female artist by murph in news
07/24/17 at 14:35:33