Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
11/15/18 at 02:48:45
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tour Bands (Read 9907 times)
Jan
TDtT Moderator

Jan the Janitor

Tour Bands
01/30/10 at 01:41:15

Patty’s Touring Bands

PRE-LIVING WITH GHOSTS
Solo, occasional gig with John Curtis

LIVING WITH GHOSTS
Solo except for some backing by The Badlees on northeast leg of tour

FLAMING RED
Doug Lancio, guitar
Frank Swart, bass
John Deaderick, keys
David Rolfe, acoustic guitar
Rafael Gayol, percussion
At times - Billy Beard, percussion
At times - Jay Joyce and his band, Iodine
At times - Craig Ross jumped in

1000 KISSES
Doug Lancio, guitar
Michael Ramos, accordion, keys
Brian Standefer, cello
At some shows: John Deaderick, keys; Dave Jacques, bass; Brian Owings, percussion

IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
Doug Lancio, guitar
JD Foster, bass
Michael Ramos, accordion
Michael Longoria, percussion
On a few songs - Craig Ross, guitar

CHILDREN RUNNING THROUGH
Doug Lancio, guitar
Michael Longoria, percussion
Bryn Davies, upright bass, cello
Frank Swart, electric bass
At times - Ian McLagan, piano

DOWNTOWN CHURCH
With Buddy Miller

BEARD, Billy – drums on Impossible Dream and Silver Bell, tour band member of Flaming Red

A founding member of the band Face to Face and drummer for the band The Immortals. Toured with Kim Richey and recorded or played with Warren Zanes, Lori McKenna, Catie Curtis, Jennifer Kimball, Morphine, Kim Kris Delmhorst, Session Americana and others. Currently working on a project with Melissa Ferrick.

CURTIS, John – Patty’s guitar teacher

Played with Pousette Dart Band, a popular band out of Boston in 1970’s until 1980, also got together again in early 1990’s for a few years; was part of Livingston Taylor’s back up group ‘the Pencils’. Still plays and teaches in the New England area.  

DAVIES, Bryn - band tour member on Children Running Through

Stand-up bass player who attended prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston on a jazz scholarship to study bass. A member of the Two High String Band, which has released several CDs and eventually led to touring with Peter Rowan. Toured and/or recorded with Tony Rice, Vassar Clements, Guy Clark, David Grisman, Bela Fleck, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Old and in the Gray. Currently playing with Guy Clark, The Tony Rice Unit and Uncle Earl.

DEADERICK, John – piano on 1000 Kisses; organ on Impossible Dream; keys on Silver Bell; keys on Downtown Church; band tour member for part of 1000 Kisses  

Keyboardist and sideman to The Dixie Chicks, James Taylor, Patty Griffin and many others, John plays sessions and also played with one of Nashville’s local pop-rock favorites, The Bees. He has contributed to the albums of artist’s including Todd Snider, Steve Forbert,  Abra Moore, Allison Moorer, Sister Hazel, Buddy Miller, Mindy Smith, Emmylou Harris, Lorrie Morgan and The Dixie Chicks.

FOSTER, J.D – bass on Impossible Dream; tour band member of Impossible Dream tour; bass on Children Running Through  

An independent record producer and musician, JD has produced albums for Marc Ribot, Richard Buckner, Calexico, Laura Cantrell and has performed and/or recorded with Dwight Yoakam, Ronnie Lane, T-Bone Burnett, Willy Mason, The True Believers, Green on Red, Lucinda Williams, Sam Phillips, The Silos and many more.

GAYOL, Rafael – tour band member of Flaming Red

Has played with Charlie Sexton Sextet, A’Ha, Bob Schneider, Robbie Robertson, Michael Penn, The Bodeans and recorded with Flatlanders, Eliza Gilkyson, John Dee Graham, Joe Ely, Steve Poltz,  Kelly Willis and others. Recently toured with Leonard Cohen.

JACQUES, Dave – bass on 1000 Kisses and A Kiss in Time; tour band member for part of 1000 Kisses tour  

Has recorded with Kate Campbell, Todd Snider, Steve Forbert, Mindy Smith, Kami Lyle, John Prine and many others.

JOYCE, Jay – co-wrote Blue Sky and Big Daddy; produced Flaming Red and Silver Bell; guitar and keys on Flaming Red; frontman for the band, Iodine

As a guitarist, Joyce has played on multimillion-selling releases by Jewel, the Wallflowers, and Indigo Girls, and on records by Iggy Pop, Joe Cocker, K.T. Oslin, Gillian Welch, and Maura O'Connell; he also produced records by Lisa Germano, The Borrowers, Lounge Flounders, Atticus Fault, Chantal Kreviazuk, John Hiatt and Sally Dworsky, and played on records by Faith Hill, LeAnn Rimes, LeeAnn Womack, Shawn Mullins, John Hiatt, Macy Gray, Nanci Griffith, Gillian Welch, Shelby Lynne, Jack Ingram and Derek Trucks. He is currently a producer and engineer in his Nashville studio, Tragedy/Tragedy.

LANCIO, Doug – Patty’s bandleader and has toured with Patty since Flaming Red; guitar on Flaming Red and Silver Bell; produced and mixed 1000 Kisses with Patty; 1000 Kisses recorded in his basement; guitar on A Kiss in Time; mixed A Kiss in Time; guitar on Impossible Dream; guitar on Children Running Through; guitar on Downtown Church;

Doug played in the bands, The Questionnaires and Bedlam  in 1980’s and hs moonlighted for the Nashville superband, SWAG. A highly regarded Nashville musician, he has also toured with Nanci Griffith and Martina McBride; contributed guitar to albums by Nanci Griffith, Allison Moorer, Robinella, Strays Don’t Sleep, Todd Snider, Hootie & the Blowfish, Michelle Tumes, Steve Earle, Martina McBride, K.T. Oslin, Billy Joe Shaver, Matthew Ryan, Jerry Dale McFadden, Garrison Starr, David Allan Coe, Amelia White and Jeff Finlin; produced albums for Robinella, Matthew Ryan, Toni Catlin, Carter Wood as well as the Elizabethtown and Remembering Patsy Cline albums. He is currently touring with John Hiatt and opening a studio in Nashville.

LONGORIA, Michael – drums on Impossible Dream; band tour member for Impossible Dream; percussion and band tour member for Children Running Through

Appeared on albums by Charanga Cakewalk, Darden Smith, Bob Schneider, Tom Russell, Rudolph Llanes, Sara Hickman, Danny Schmidt, John Evans Band and others. He has played in the band, Lonelyland with Bob Schneider, and in Terremoto, a collaboration with Luis Guerra. Terremoto opened for Patty on the 2007 tour. A multi instrumentalist, he makes his own drums and uses all sorts of interesting items to create his percussion sounds.

McLAGAN, Ian – keys on Impossible Dream and Children Running Through; joined the Children Running Through tour for a few shows  

Has played keyboards with some of the biggest names in rock history; a member of the Faces and has toured and/or played with Lucinda Williams, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, The Who, Bonnie Raitt, Rod Stewart, Billy Bragg, Bob Dylan and many others. Currently playing in Ian McLaglan and the Bump Band. Received a prestigious award for his outstanding contribution to British music and was inducted into the Texas Hall of Fame. His autobiography is called, All the Rage.  

MILLER, Buddy - backing vocals on Flaming Red and Impossible Dream; mando-guitar on A Kiss in Time; produced, mixed and guitar on Downtown Church; touring with Patty for Downtown Church  

Buddy has recorded albums both as a solo artist and as a duo with his wife, Julie Miller. He’s toured and/or recorded with Emmylou Harris, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Shawn Colvin, Linda Ronstadt, Solomon Burke, Kasey Chambers, Allison Moorer, Lori McKenna, Mindy Smith, Lucy Kaplansky, Rodney Crowell, Jim Lauderdale, Gurf Morlix, Trisha Yearwood, Lee Ann Womack, Miranda Lambert and numerous others. The artists who have recorded his songs include Solomon Burke, The Dixie Hummingbirds,  John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, Lucy Kaplansky, The Dixie Chicks, and Patty Loveless. Buddy has produced albums by Emmylou Harris, Solomon Burke, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, the Vigilantes of Love, Allison Moorer, as well as his own albums and the albums of his wife. Toured with Patty, Emmylou Harris and Shawn Colvin as a member of Three Girls and Their Buddy  

OWINGS, Brian – drums on A Kiss in Time; percussion on Downtown Church; band tour member for part of 1000 Kisses

Also appears on albums by Jars of Clay, Pieta Brown, Buddy Miller, Shelby Lynne, Bo Ramsey, Allison Moorer, Warren Zanes Delbert McClinton and others

RAMOS, Michael – keys on Flaming Red; accordion and keys on 1000 Kisses; tour band member for 1000 Kisses; keys on A Kiss in Time

Michael debuted his own project, Charanga Cakewalk, opening for Patty on the 2005 tour. He has also toured with John Mellencamp, The Rembrandts and The BoDeans and has appeared on many artist’s albums, including Charlie Sexton, Eliza Gilkyson, Paul Simon, Jimmy Buffett, The BoDeans, Darden Smith, Steve Poltz, John Mellencamp.

ROLFE, David – guitar, tour band member of Flaming Red.

A producer, musician and songwriter, he has recorded with Wilson Phillips, Ari Hest, Tara MacLean, Burlap to Cashmere, Rob Dickinson  and others. He is currently building a studio in Atlanta.

ROSS, Craig – produced Impossible Dream and Silver Bell; guitar and percussion on Impossible Dream; co-wrote What You Are. Opened for and played with Patty on 1000 Kisses.

Frontman for the group Storyville, toured with Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Germano and has recorded with Daniel Johnston, Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, The Black Crows, Nikka Costa, Red House Painters, John Dee Graham, Natalie Merchant, and others. He is currently touring with Aerosmith

STANDEFER,Brian – cello on 1000 Kisses; tour band member for 1000 Kisses tour

He has contributed to albums for Mary Gauthier, Richard Buckner, Charanga Cakewalk, Ian Moore, Ian McLagan, Eliza Gilkyson, Slaid Cleaves, Michael Fracasso, Steve Poltz, Alejandro Escovedo and Over The Rhine. He has played with the New Mexico and Santa Fe symphonies. He is a long time member of Alejandro Escovedo's band and a founding member of Screen Door Music.

SWART, Frank – bass on Silver Bell and Impossible Dream, tour band member of Flaming Red and Children Running Through.

Frank has led several bands such as Who Be Dat?, The Immortals, Candy Bar, Junk, Rag Man Son Revue and The Billy Nayer Show. He has worked with and/or appeared on albums by Blackalicious, Bush, Chumbawamba, Johnny Clyde Copeland, Emmylou Harris, Jerry Harrison, Live, Tracy Lords, Bijou Phillips, Pixies, Kim Richey, Smashmouth, Philip Steir, Steppenwolf, Phoebe Snow, Pete Townshend, Narada Michael Walden, Bernie Worrell, Angelo, Kenny Aronoff, Lisa Gerard, Natalie Maines, Jay Joyce, G.Love & Special Sauce, Pixies, Chuck Prophet, Warren Zanes and others.

TAYLOR, Roy - Sound Engineer on tours.  

Was a monitor technicianfor Kasey Chambers, recently produced a CD for Dana Falconberry, director of the movie, Signed First Edition and produced, directed and wrote the movie, The Matter......and does one sweet job making sure Patty and band's sound is first-rate!

View Profile   IP Logged
gala002
Mother of God

You are the BEST for
me

Re: Tour Bands
Reply #1 - 01/30/10 at 12:47:29

Thanks a lot for the information, Jan. We will know who's playing too hard or too soft Wink.
BTW, I just wonder why Patty is only touring with Buddy Miller this time?

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
silkbandanas
How do I get Silver Bell?

!

Reply #2 - 01/30/10 at 17:40:32

Not just Buddy; from myspace page:
EMI/Credential Recordings is excited to confirm Patty Griffin first tour in support of her new record, Downtown Church, out this Tuesday, January 26, 2010. The dates are the first leg of several that will take her across the country throughout the year. They begin in St. Louis on March 26 and end April 17 in Driftwood, TX. The band will be Buddy Miller, Doug Lancio, Frank Swart, Marco Giovino and John Deaderick

Ian

Email View Profile   IP Logged
gala002
Mother of God

You are the BEST for
me

Reply #3 - 01/31/10 at 18:41:17

I'm confused. I read somewhere that she was touring with Buddy, and no band. I know he could be a band himself but up to that point, mmmmm.
Thanks for the correction

PattyLover
Peter Pan

Can't Get Enough
PattyCakes

Reply #4 - 02/07/10 at 19:10:06

Anybody know if Julie is going with Patty and her hubby on the tour ??? I guess I can't be that lucky  undecided  but I am not complaining since I just got my 2 tickets for april 2 in vancouver yesterday for my second honor to see her  Roll Eyes. If anyone else is going  reads this I will be the 1 with flowers again Smiley. But this time will be front and center because its in a bar that just has booths around the outside of the very large and will be standing room only stage. And ya they will need a mac truck to move me once I at the front.  Cheesy  So ya flowers in 1 hand  ceaser in the other in oh 54 more days  no autographs please   Tongue Tongue Tongue

gggggggg.jpg

Pattys personal Lappdog......I Wish LOL
Email View Profile WWW PattyLover   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #5 - 02/08/10 at 14:11:54

One of Patty’s best friends and at times her tour manager and when he is not he puts together the tours, Greg Wilkinson, had a stroke a few months ago. He could uses everyone’s prayers as he works on his recovery

Email View Profile   IP Logged
gala002
Mother of God

You are the BEST for
me

Reply #6 - 02/08/10 at 18:02:37

How old is he? I hope he won't have permanent damages. High blood pressure wont help...  I'll pray for him.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Recent Posts    
Preferences
NPR's Top 150 CD's of all time by female artist by murph in news
07/24/17 at 14:35:33