Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
09/24/17 at 14:19:25
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ian McLagan (Read 3215 times)
Russell
Peter Pan

Ian McLagan
07/16/09 at 21:33:42

Quote:
"You canít fake the kind of soul Macís got. Heís lived every fun-loving, glorious and painful note of it, and to me, thatís what makes his music the thing of beauty and strength that it is. We are so lucky to have it in our midst." - Patty Griffin

In August, Patty's good friend, the legendary Ian "Mac" McLagan, will embark on his first ever solo tour. †I understand that it will be very intimate with Mac stripped down playing piano and guitar (Mac playing guitar? That will be special in itself) and telling stories/jokes throughout. †The tour will begin with several stops in Texas (I plan to make a attend a couple of those) and then head east, with stops including Raleigh (Nov 8 - The Pour House Music Hall), Atlanta (Nov 9 - Smith's Olde Bar), NYC (Nov 12 - Joe's Pub) and Philly (Nov 15 - Tin Angel). †After that it will move to the midwest with stops including Cleveland (Nov 19 - Beachland Ballroom), Chicago (Nov 20 - Martyrs) and Detroit (Nov 21 - Magic Bag). †You can get the full schedule and ticket information at Mac's site by clicking here.

In the meantime, if you'd like to see a video of Mac's recent performance on David Letterman, with Patty providing her magical backup vocals, click here.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Recent Posts    
Preferences
NPR's Top 150 CD's of all time by female artist by murph in news
07/24/17 at 14:35:33