Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
06/15/19 at 21:57:29
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Available for Trade or B&P (Read 10047 times)
gForce
How do I get Silver Bell?

Available for Trade or B&P
08/14/07 at 05:17:57

Thanks to the generosity of several members of this board, I have the following available:

Silver Bell
Calvin College - 4/27/07
Luna Park - 6/27/97
XM The Loft - Feb '07
...and "live versions" of
1000 Kisses
Living With Ghosts
Rlaming Red

I am still looking for LFML and any other shows you might have for trade. Or for those still new to this (like me), I will make these available for B&P. Just trying to spread the joy. Please PM if interested.

View Profile   IP Logged
gForce

Re: Available for Trade or B&P
Reply #1 - 08/20/07 at 05:05:13

Thanks to jbjojo, I now have LFML1-3, which is now added to the above offer. I am still interested in copies of any other live shows you might have. Thanks to everyone for my ever-expanding Patty collection!

View Profile   IP Logged
gForce

Reply #2 - 08/21/07 at 08:01:42

... and thanks to softballpunk, I have a Pittsburgh PA show available as well.
The complete list for offer is now:

Silver Bell  
LFML Series 1-3

Calvin College - 4/27/07  
Luna Park - 6/27/97  
XM The Loft - Feb '07  
Pittsburgh PA - 4/30/05

...and "live versions" of  
1000 Kisses  
Living With Ghosts  
Flaming Red

View Profile   IP Logged
gForce

Reply #3 - 08/23/07 at 07:02:10

Now that digital transfer is kosher, no B&P is necessary. Just PM me if you want any of what I have, or if you are kind enough to offer something I lack. Take care, everyone!

View Profile   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #4 - 08/23/07 at 07:17:18

Quote from gforce on 08/23/07 at 07:02:10:
Now that digital transfer is kosher, no B&P is necessary. Just PM me if you want any of what I have, or if you are kind enough to offer something I lack. Take care, everyone!

OK now digital trading is now allowed here I have a question. Who give who the right to place a show in cyberspace.

A great many of the shows that are out there for Patty were taped/edited etc by me. If I don't want them out in space do I have a right to say no?

For example, The Pitts show from 2005 is mine and so are all of the Keswick, Harrisburg and Collingswood NJ shows

So what is the globel policy between tapers?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Jan
TDtT Moderator

Jan the Janitor

Reply #5 - 08/23/07 at 10:05:17

murph, I doubt there is a global policy amongst tapers. Most I have met just enjoy doing it and sharing a good tape with the fans.

gforce, if you would like to PM me, I'd be happy to send a few shows to build your Patty collection. I have to tell you that personally I don't know how to download shows, so they would have to come by snail mail! Thank you for coming on and offering your collection to other fans.

View Profile   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #6 - 08/23/07 at 10:47:48

Quote from Jan on 08/23/07 at 10:05:17:
murph, I doubt there is a global policy amongst tapers.

There used to be and everyone (tapers) respected each other and what they did.

If you go on any of the bit torrent sites and check the rules for uploading a show, one of the first things they ask is that you give the source of the material including equipment and software used to edit and the tapers name.  

I really don’t care if someone puts up a show I recorded on a bit torrent. Once I gave a show to a friend and made it public I no longer had any control of where it went.  

I just was asking what goes on in the digital world as I don’t spend any time of bit torrent sites

If you are going to upload any of the following shows, please give credit where credits due

1/25/03 Belle of the Scottish Rite

10/22/03 Zankel Hall, NYC

10/4/03 Keswick

5/3/04 Whitaker

5/5/04 Keswick

8/24/04 Keswick

4/30/05 Dowes on 9t

7/17/05 King of Prussia (there are a couple of different copies of this out there, mine does not have the talking of “here she comes” at the start)

Source for all

Sharp MD-770, Sony Professional MD, Giant Squid Omnidirectional Powered Mic, Cakewalk, CoolPro Edit,  WAV. No compression. Please do not drop to an mp-3

« Last Edit: 08/23/07 at 11:10:12 by murph »  
Arlene
Mother of God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/23/07 at 11:47:20

[quote author=murph link=1187086677/0#4 date=1187871438]Quote from gforce on 08/23/07 at 07:02:10:
The Pitts show from 2005 is mine and so are all of the Keswick, Harrisburg and Collingswood NJ shows

One of the things about taping is that it is fairly common for more than one person to tape the same show.  I personally know of someone other than Murph who taped one of Patty's shows at Keswick, as well as one of her shows at Harrisburg.  It wouldn't surprise me if there were also other tapers (whom I don't kow) at the 2005 Pittsburgh show and or at one or more of the Collingswood shows.  

Just a thought.

View Profile   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #8 - 08/23/07 at 12:14:35

The other Harrisburg show form 5/3 has the 1st song cut. Mine does not
The other Keswick show was done by a ELH fan who cut the tracks different and has cuts in the encore (change of tape), mine does not
The Pitt show was not traded on this site or other places until after I gave it to martinandco who then offered it on this site almost a year and a half after the show.

Arlene
Mother of God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 08/23/07 at 12:22:59

Quote from murph on 08/23/07 at 12:14:35:
The other Keswick show was done by a ELH fan who cut the tracks different and has cuts in the encore (change of tape), mine does not

Well, then there's at least 3 people who've taped a Keswick show by Patty because the person I know other than Murph who taped one can't stand Emmylou's voice-- it's a major problem in our friendship.  Wink

Murph- It's unrealistic to think that you were the only person who taped many of the shows you've taped. It's more than likely that you were the sole taper at some of those shows, but I'd be amazed if you were the sole taper at most of those shows.  No single person has knowledge of all the taping that has been done by fans at the various concerts Patty has given in the Northeast, or elsewhere.  That said, I certainly hope you get credit for whatever shows you DID tape.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

P
r
e
f
e
r
e
n
c