Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
06/15/19 at 22:23:18
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My useless desires story. (Read 8136 times)
ugh raines
How do I get Silver Bell?

I Love Patty
Griffin!

My useless desires story.
11/15/06 at 23:02:22

This is the second song that led me to fall in love with Patty Griffin. I want to share with you a story about what it means to me. Thank you for reading, but please don't if you're gonna think of me next time you hear the song.

It was 1991. At the age of 15, I was quite a sad person. I was on the bed with my girlfriend, our backs against the wall, and on the floor in between her legs there was another friend of mine. We were just sitting there, being stoned, when we were suddenly approached by a video terrorist. He was the type to sneak up on you with a video camera and ask you questions. He ambushed me with his camera, and  asked me a question. "Hey Tony. What's one thing you really care about?", he asked. It took me about 5 seconds after looking in the camera, to slowly let out, "I don't really care about anything." "Come on Tony, you must care about something", he replied. In the eye of the camera I had become stiff, and slowly I turned my head down towards my friend who was on the floor. They eventually thought I had been jealous he was between her legs. He labeled the scene Take Care, and I thought nothing of it until years later when I heard useless desires. "say goodbye to the old streets they never cared much for you anyway" The old streets were the people I grew up around, and  the word care is still a word i have trouble grasping the meaning of.  

That doesn't really encompass the whole meaning of the song to me. I planned on writing a story pointing out different relations to me and my town....

How do you's like this song? Is it one of your favorites? What does it mean to you?  

View Profile   IP Logged
DB Caulfield
Ex Member

Re: My useless desires story.
Reply #1 - 11/18/06 at 08:45:29

Quote from ugh raines on 11/15/06 at 23:02:22:
This is the second song that led me to fall in love with Patty Griffin. I want to share with you a story about what it means to me. Thank you for reading, but please don't if you're gonna think of me next time you hear the song.

It was 1991. At the age of 15, I was quite a sad person. I was on the bed with my girlfriend, our backs against the wall, and on the floor in between her legs there was another friend of mine. We were just sitting there, being stoned, when we were suddenly approached by a video terrorist. He was the type to sneak up on you with a video camera and ask you questions. He ambushed me with his camera, and  asked me a question. "Hey Tony. What's one thing you really care about?", he asked. It took me about 5 seconds after looking in the camera, to slowly let out, "I don't really care about anything." "Come on Tony, you must care about something", he replied. In the eye of the camera I had become stiff, and slowly I turned my head down towards my friend who was on the floor. They eventually thought I had been jealous he was between her legs. He labeled the scene Take Care, and I thought nothing of it until years later when I heard useless desires. "say goodbye to the old streets they never cared much for you anyway" The old streets were the people I grew up around, and  the word care is still a word i have trouble grasping the meaning of.  

That doesn't really encompass the whole meaning of the song to me. I planned on writing a story pointing out different relations to me and my town....

How do you's like this song? Is it one of your favorites? What does it mean to you?

Shocked  

« Last Edit: 11/18/06 at 08:55:53 by DB_Caulfield »  
  IP Logged
ugh raines
How do I get Silver Bell?

I Love Patty
Griffin!

Re: My useless desires story.
Reply #2 - 11/20/06 at 07:51:54

I knew you'd be impressed DB.  Cool

On a related find, I was born in Griffin on St. Patty's Day. Mom?  Roll Eyes

View Profile   IP Logged