Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
09/22/17 at 17:33:48
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Band Member Bios? (Read 7686 times)
Arlene
Ex Member

Band Member Bios?
01/19/05 at 11:24:42

Reading Murph's post about Michael Ramos, aka: Charanga Cakewalk gave me the idea that it might be interesting to have a section on PattyGriffin.net devoted to band member bios which identifies who they have previously worked with and what side projects they may have.  

Other artists have such sections on their web sites-- Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, etc., so Patty would be in good company....

Just a thought.

« Last Edit: 01/19/05 at 12:10:27 by Arlene »  
  IP Logged
marybeth
Big Daddy

Re: Band Member Bios?
Reply #1 - 01/19/05 at 11:31:58

Cool idea Arlene!

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people wanna know what it feels like to fly

http://www.marybethdamico.com

View Profile   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #2 - 01/19/05 at 14:13:40

Been working on the since the early fall and have found it to be near impossible. Patty has had over 20 different band members and is currently on over 100 different albums

Email View Profile   IP Logged
zimmo
Big Daddy

Driving &
driving, there's
nothing on the
radio...

Reply #3 - 01/19/05 at 15:32:34

These would make a great story too!

I always thought it would make a fascinating read...sort of a biographical timeline of Patty's career, from the points of view of her bandmates and crew. Every time I'm looking at her live show discography's, I think: ...What was this theater/venue like, for the band? What did they think of the show, town, audience, places they ate, people they met, etc? What were some of their most peculiar experiences.
  The things Patty and her bandmates share on their roadtrips, we were allowed a glimpse into in "A Kiss in Time" the DVD.  And what about the gig nightmares that plague all bands from time to time?  Wouldn't those be crazy to read?  
   Eh, we may never know more than a tenth of one percent of the life and times of Patty, or of "The Patty Griffin Band", but the story, the music, the love keeps us watching & listening!

Give us a little something, Murph. Even a list of known band members/players in chronological order would give folks a chance to google them, and find what they may.
I've spent a good bit of time searching Adam Steinberg, but info is limited.  It's funny sometimes, how you expect to find great websites for every great player, but it's not always the case.

Scott
So is music an asylum. It takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence and whereto. All the great interogatories, like questioning angels, float in on its waves of sound.- Emerson
Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
murph
Big Daddy

Reply #4 - 01/19/05 at 16:12:01

Maybe some of them don't want to be found (googled)

The best place to start getting the listing of all the people Patty has worked with in her bands is on her CD's as the bands and extra's are all listed.

The touring bands are all mentioned on most if not all of the live shows that are out there.

As I get the rest together, I will post something here.

To answer your other question,

The stuff that goes on between Patty and her band memebers on the road is theirs not ours. Yes, I have been lucky to see some of the stuff that goes on behind the scene, have been told some of the stories and learned some of the inside jokes etc, but I could never tell them here or anywhere else. There is a certain trust that is expected of you in those situation and I would lose those opportunities of a lifetime if I broke that trust.

The best I can tell you is that Patty and every member of her band, crew, management and record company that I have ever met are just a group of the most wonderful people you would ever want to meet. And they appriciate the loyalty of everone of the fans of Patty's.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Recent Posts    
Preferences
NPR's Top 150 CD's of all time by female artist by murph in news
07/24/17 at 14:35:33