Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
08/24/19 at 06:36:07
News:
Home Help Search Login

News | Bio | Press | Photos | In Concert | Discography | Tabs | Media | About | Links | Lyrics | Mad Mission

Listen to the Singer Songwriter Tour gals sing "I Want It That Way"

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rocky Mt Folk Festival 2003-08-15 (Read 7993 times)
gala002
Mother of God

You are the BEST for
me

Rocky Mt Folk Festival 2003-08-15
10/11/07 at 09:50:15

I'm looking for this show. Anyone has the complete one? I don't care if it's a one track recording!

PM me, please  Smiley

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
nandonco
Peter Pan

Re: Rocky Mt Folk Festival 2003-08-15
Reply #1 - 01/10/08 at 21:03:39

I wish I had it too.  I was there with bells on and have great memories of this show.  Let me know if you have any luck finding anything.

Fernando

Email View Profile nandonco nandonco NandoCSU   IP Logged
zimmo
Big Daddy

Driving &
driving, there's
nothing on the
radio...

Reply #2 - 01/11/08 at 20:45:16

Denis & Fernando,
I recorded this show on my 4 track field recorder with big condenser mics sticking up in the air. It is a one track recording and is incomplete. I have 42:47 mins. Everything from the opener "Change" through Top of the World.
 Fernando, if you remember, there was a pretty strong 60 cycle hum coming through the P.A. during Patty's set. But it was an absolutely amazing performance, wasn't it? You can hear lots of crowd hoops and hollars and pattylove. Remember Patty talking about the hornet like bug wanting her sweet nectar, and the spidery looking guy crawling on her guitar? Remember how hot it was that day, but luckily Patty got the sunset set? Ah, it was great. Did you cool your toes in the St. Vrain river? My recording does capture the local flavor and great set Patty & Doug pulled off at planetbluegrass.
Well anyway, you'll have to EQ the hell outta this one, but if you want one, Ill make some discs. Shoot me a pm. Wink

I don't know if any of the other tapers recorded, as the announcer specifically told us not to record Patty, but my machine was already running, as I was up at the stage taking photos.

« Last Edit: 01/11/08 at 20:54:19 by zimmo »  

Scott
So is music an asylum. It takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence and whereto. All the great interogatories, like questioning angels, float in on its waves of sound.- Emerson
gala002
Mother of God

You are the BEST for
me

Reply #3 - 01/12/08 at 10:11:13

Zimmo! Zimmo! Zimmo....

It's different than what I have...  
Okay, there's "homm.. sound"  at the beginning but my recording begins after the first few notes of "Goodbye" and finish after the first notes of "Tomorrow night", like many others recording traded. One thig is prticuliar: your recording is 42:47 including Change and mine is 42:46 without "Change" and without a few notes at the beginning of "Goodbye".

First, I'm interested in a trade for your version and second, can you tell me what program you could use to make a "homm" clean up, if it's existing.

And if you have a trade list, ....Please, please.

Denis

zimmo
Big Daddy

Driving &
driving, there's
nothing on the
radio...

Reply #4 - 01/13/08 at 11:05:30

Oops, sorry. It is Goodbye, as the opener. Yes you have the same recording, Denis. Sorry about the quality, as it originated on tape, and I had been recording out in the hot sun all day. I installed fresh batteries just before patty. Still...
I PMd you.

Scott
So is music an asylum. It takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence and whereto. All the great interogatories, like questioning angels, float in on its waves of sound.- Emerson
gala002
Mother of God

You are the BEST for
me

Reply #5 - 01/13/08 at 16:12:07

I can't say that it's a poor recording, Scott. I have a lot in my collection that are worse than this one.  

Heavy sunny days are not good for a recording machine, neither for a beer cooler.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

P
r
e
f
e
r
e
n
c